12.29.2009

the last days of 2009 (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday)


my sweet little reading list for the weeks to come...








I also put Hemingway's Snows of Kilimanjaro on hold at the local library.  The librarian is going to call me when it comes in... 

In addition to my reading list, I've been cleaning out my life lately.. and I have sooo much stuff.  I've got books, which I'm so excited for a book swap to come up in the blogosphere so I can trade out for some more good reading.  I've got some really good friends making reading lists for me.

Also, going through my hatboxes (you might remember, I have a thing for them), I've been looking through old photographs.  I'm sorting them out and scanning all of them in to my web database for my future personal use, and I'll be sending my friends the ones I want them to have... and I'm sure it will bring them happiness and smiles to remember the great times we've had all those years ago.  Afterall, it's bad luck to throw away photos, right?

Jewelry too.  I'm going through tons and tons of jewelry.  I've gotten a lot of jewelry as gifts from old boyfriends, old friends, grandmothers, my mama.  I found two old jewelry boxes and I'll be taking photos of them (to remember them fondly someday).

 I'm not selling all of my jewelry, don't worry.  I'm setting aside little packages for my sweet sisters, my bestie, and my little niece.  I have a plan in mind to spread the love.  Some of my nicer things, I'm dividing up and setting aside more little packages for my nearest & dearest.  It's quite fun to be reminscing like this, and at the same time, it's a bit painful to be doing this.  There are a lot of memories that I've put by the wayside and had forgotten until now.  But fear not,  it's more fun than anything, I promise.

I did find some pieces from old boyfriends that I could sell but it just seems wrong.  Should I send them back?  Should I keep them?  What's a girl to do?  I remember when I was in sixth grade(my first boyfriend), had given me really pretty (and expensive for a sixth grader) earrings.  When we 'broke up' six weeks later, I gave them back.  Two days later, another girl in my class was wearing them.  What an awful feeling.  I would never know if they 're-gifted' the items, and I'm so not worried about that.  It's just that there are some really sweet things that I have from old boyfriends and it occurred to me that I didn't want to keep them, but do I have it in me to sell them?

So I decided that I would ask you all your advice with my predicament... should I keep them, sell them or send them back?  What about you?  Have you ever sent something back after the end?

2 comments:

Anna said...

how liberating! i can't even imagine going through all my stuff like this... like you say a little bitter sweet. as for the jewelry from past bf's i understand your predicament! i usually keep it, but don't really wear it. good luck with your cleaning!

Carrie said...

Thanks so much Anna! your wishes of luck is helping!

I've decided to just keep the ones that mean the most and sell the rest.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online