1.05.2010

a decade of my life is gone, this is what stands out...

I've been reading in on JenRem's Blog and she's pretty amazing, you should go read up if you don't already...  Thanks to Kateigh for leading me to her!



I sent over my last decade list to her, but also decided to post it on my own little blog for your viewing pleasure.  This is my summation of my last decade in my own little bubble.


♥ fell in love for the first time.
♥ graduated high school & earned my associates degree.
♥ learned to play tennis at tryouts, and went to Nationals with my college team.
♥ beat up a man for picking on my little sister.
♥ had my heart broken for the first time, but not the last.
♥ ran up thousands in credit card debt and then paid it all off.
♥ had a summer romance with a boy I met on a train to NYC.
♥ learned enough about cars to not get ripped off by a mechanic.
♥ gave a second chance, then walked away from a toxic relationship forever.
♥ realized that I have a fear of committment, and I'm okay with it for now.
♥ worked as a babysitter, a tutor, a wench, a pharmacy & photolab technician, a waitress, a fairy (no joke, wings and all), a receptionist, a records specialist at a college , a cashier in a tattoo/piercing parlor, a maid, a mad scientist (I taught rocket science to 5 year olds), a lifeguard (and saved a life) and an insurance broker.
♥ got four tattoos.
♥ became really good friends with my mom.
♥ my hair has been purple, blonde, black, red, permed, straight, short, and back to normal.
♥ let my stubborn self stay out of touch with my sister, my Dad, and two of my best friends.
♥ got over myself, was honest with each of them, and we are stronger for it.
♥ lived in four different abodes, wound up back with my Dad, and I'm okay with it for now.
♥ fell in love... with shoes
♥ made new friends, and kept the old (one is silver and the other is gold)
♥ lost my grandfather, two great uncles, two aunts, a cousin, a grandmother and a godmother.
♥ gained a brother in law, a nephew and a niece.
♥ hit rock bottom, picked myself back up.
♥ left a career after five and a half years.
♥ started a blog.
♥ watched one of my best friends marry her best friend.
♥ signed up to go to Tanzania for 12 weeks to volunteer.
♥ decided to choose faith over fear.


5 comments:

Christie, Describe Happy said...

That's a great list you got there! Lots of memories I'm sure! I enjoyed reading it!

JenRem said...

I truly adore your list. It displays how much you've changed and grown in just 10 years. You've had an amazing decade lil' lady -- and I guessing even more good things are to come to you in this next one :)

So going to post this on my blog soon!

kateigh said...

I love your list. I love all your posts. SO much feeling and meaning. Your next decade list is going to be even better. You have so many amazing things to come in your future. I have a good feeling about you ;)

<3

Carrie said...

Happy, Jenni & Kateigh -

thank you so much for the bloglove. I'm so happy that you've found me on here, and that I can make you smile with my little journal!

Micaela said...

carrie, reading this list makes me want to know you even more. it's true isn't it, sometimes when you go through heartache, you find out what you're really made of and you truly know that God never gives you something you can't handle.

here's to magical 2010, filled with already an exciting adventure.

I'm glad i met you at the end of the year to be able to enjoy your friendship in this new one. xoxo

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online