12.24.2009

mixed emotions



There are good days, and there are bad days.
The good days are weighing out the bad days lately... actually, I haven't had a 'bad' day in quite some time.
I'm getting more comfortable being alone.
It's not a bad thing, it's not a sad thing.
It's just that I'm comfortable with myself.
I don't need someone to entertain me.
I can entertain myself for hours on end with no problem.
I even make myself laugh out loud sometimes.

I've done that to bestie, Allisen, while I'm in the middle of leaving a voice message for her.  I often make myself laugh and get distracted in the message.  Hence the reason that if I call you and you don't answer, I probably won't leave a message.  It won't make any sense.  It would be... nonsensical.  But you would laugh.  Because I laughed.  I would have made you smile.  But back to the task at hand...

To quote one of my favorite movies {Hope Floats} :
"beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up. And it will... "

There are days, as my departure date (02/19/2009) gets closer that I am nervous, scared and unsure of what I must be thinking.
I have doubt and fear about my choice to leave my oh-so-secure comfort zone.
I am sad to leave my family, my friends, my home of 12 years.
I'm sad to be giving away/selling all of my things.
I'm sad that I won't be able to see my friends or hug and kiss my sweet family any time I want.
I won't have my cell phone to get the text messages and facebook updates and voicemails that I love.
I won't have my stable mailbox where my friends & family send me post that makes me smile so much.
I'm nervous that I won't meet my deadline to raise the funds that I need to make this adventurous step forward in my life.

Underneath the fear and sadness of all of that, I have hope.
I have oh-so-much hope.
Hope that I am doing the right thing.
Hope that I will make a difference.
Even if only in the life of one child, woman or man.
Hope is all I have right now for my adventurous journey yet to begin...
I just need to give that hope a chance to float on up...
and it will.





3 comments:

kateigh said...

stop making me cry.
im lying. i love reading this!

<3

Carrie said...

Kateigh... I love that it makes you cry. well, not cry, so much, but more, that it gets to you. I want my words to reach out to you. I promise to post some more fun stuff soon!
Like, about innoculations I'm getting!! (bleh)

Love!

Honey Bee said...

You're written beautifully here.
Conveyed every emotion you're feeling to me ie the reader.
Don't worry, everything will go as planned-or even better!
xx

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online